Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Theoretically I should be writing right now. I mean, I've got the right weather (cold and rainy), the right music (currently Portishead, "Dummy"), some tea, some snacks, a warm kitchen, and a comfortable chair. But instead I'm alternating between reading a book and looking up random things on the 'net (most currently, that pic from the X-Men comic with Wolvie standing on the bar in order to be tall enough to threaten Juggernaut. I always really liked that one #grins#)
I just can't seem to get the ball rolling today, which is irritating. I've never understood the saying about all good artists being tormented; I absolutely can't get any work done when I'm depressed, which, although the level varies, I am a lot of the time at the moment. So that cuts down on my available writing time, and when I am at a fairly stable level and I still can't manage to write it irritates me further. I will probably have to shout at the next person I hear mentioning how easy it is to write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home