Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Wow, actual thoughts

Telling the truth as I see it has gotten me into problems over the years. I suppose it couldn't help but do so. But I would rather burn for telling the truth than live with myself knowing that I lied about something that I felt was important. Some days, though, I need to work on *how* I tell it. For whatever reason, I seem to reserve tact for strangers, perhaps because I love and respect my packmates enough to tell them exactly what I think, because I feel that they would want to know. And I'm not going to take up lying now. But I guess I can try and take my own advice (like Alice, I give myself very good advice but I seldom ever follow it) for these sorts of situations and remember that one cannot tell one's friends certain things on certain subjects, bluntly or otherwise, without sounding as though you're being unsupportive. In actualy fact, you're trying to be the most supportive you've ever been in your life, because you're scared/worried/etc, but I suppose that it comes across as though you're being deliberately awkward/irritating/uncharitable. Annoying, because what you want to convey ends up being the opposite of what actually comes across, but a fact of life, I guess.

As Boxer says, "I will work harder." Yes, I know what happened to Boxer. Better that than being untrue to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home