Sunday, December 10, 2006

It's surprising how much a little change like different lightbulbs helps my mood. I inherited that seasonal affective thing (though not as bad as Roast Beef) and when winter arrives and the days get shorter I lose all sense of purpose and most of my energy as soon as the sun sets. The only time I can remember not having it was when I was working up North, as I was outside in all the daylight there was every day, something that's not intensely practical here. At any rate, when evening hit it takes some willpower not to just go to sleep, or lay around and mope. But I changed the bulbs over in the kitchen to some GE "enhanced spectrum" lights about half an hour ago, and I feel a hundred percent better. It's pretty cool.

2 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger A Magical Legacy: A Sims 3 Supernatural Legacy Challenge said...

That is cool :-) Maybe I should try some of those in the office. I've been having a hard time motivating sometimes, especially when I'm home alone.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Duamuteffe said...

Yeah, I really recommend them. They're not like the ones that get used in light therapy, but they do have a clearer white light than most bulbs, and it really does make a difference.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home