Tuesday, June 23, 2009

By way of repeated explanation...

I would like to point out once again that although I may choose to blog about politics occasionally, and indeed I do follow them, I still choose not to discuss them in my normal life- this is why I disallow comments on posts with political content. Frankly, I'm sick of the whining on all sides of every debate about how it's all someone else's fault. The two party system leads to far more divisions that necessary- it becomes a system where you have to be on one team or the other, never mind that we're all in the same bloody boat, and a boat with disunited rowers will get absolutely nowhere. I've been reading a lot of history lately, and I am amused to find that US politics are carried out exactly the same (minus a few fistfights on the floor of the Senate) as they have since the days of Jefferson et al. This is, incidentally, why I am still a staunch Independent. This means I'm not running around shouting "The sky is falling!" and I'm damned sure not going to waste my time in pointless discussions about it. I have my own opinions, and I'm sure you have yours, and I know that our time is far too important to waste arguing about issues but not actually doing anything about them. If you want change, shut up and go *do* something- don't just sit around endlessly bitching. Unless that's what you're into, in which case- hey, knock yourself out. Just don't expect me to sit around and listen.

To sum up: just because I blog about politics, don't get the idea that I want to discuss them in my normal life. I follow them, I even do things about them when I feel it necessary, but I don't waste time on pointless debate. Don't email me about it, don't try and have a conversation with me about it- I won't respond.

"If we do not hang together, we shall all assuredly hang separately."
- Benjamin Frankin