Tuesday, August 23, 2011

So, I liked Pippa- the mare I tried out. I liked her a lot. She's a TB, just shy of sixteen hands, a chestnut without much in the way of markings, and a rather delicate frame. She's also a nice mover, with three good gaits. She's also a really fun ride. If I'm on my game, she does exactly what she's supposed to. If I'm slacking, she takes advantage, but she comes right back and doesn't fight about it. She spooked in a corner because one of the swallows that live in the roof flew in her face, but I told her the big bad birdie wouldn't eat her, took her back to the corner, and even though the swallow was still there, hovering a foot away from her face, she didn't even flick an ear. That was impressive. She's good in the stall, seems to like being groomed and fussed with, and is very easy to handle. I'm taking a half-lease on her to start, with the idea that I can move up to full lease if I want to later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home