Thursday, September 22, 2011

Horse Loot!

So today in the mail I got a turnout blanket for the mare, a really spiffy fleece cooler, some peppermint bit wipes, two pairs of new breeches for me, a pair of splint boots for her, and a bag of treats. I love getting horse stuff in the mail; it's almost more fun than buying it at a store. Which is a good thing, because there aren't any tack stores left in the area anymore.

Getting packages in the mail also makes up for the half-hour I spent yesterday removing bot eggs from her legs and side. If there's something more disturbing than parasites I'm sure I don't want to know what it is. Despite being intensely careful about disposing of them (dipping the bot knife in scalding soapy water at intervals and being very careful not to touch my face while working, and washing my hands and the removal equipment several times in scalding water [with the additional killing power of sulfur in the spring that supplies the barn]) I still get crawly just thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home