Friday, October 28, 2011

So I've been reading through the whole arc of Magnus: Robot Fighter, after being reminded of it through a completely random tumblr post. My Dad has a handful of the comics (as well as Doctor Solar: Man of the Atom and Turok, Son of Stone) and they're fun, but a lot goofier than I remember. I remember really liking them as a kid, because at the time I never considered the sheer ludicrousness of a man who defended humanity from evil robots with only the power of his fists. I mean, okay, humanity's fear of a machine uprising, humanity's fear of becoming too dependent on technology, I get that, and combating it with his own weapons rather than that of the machines, that makes sense. But shouldn't he be using his brains to outsmart them, rather then just approaching every situation with punching? Maybe even a bit of rudimentary tool use? As it stands, it basically goes with the thought that humanity isn't as smart as the machines, but we can sure as hell beat them up. It's sort of an odd moral.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home