Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Questions From Tumblr

Have you ever not went to sleep and stayed up all the next day?


Yes, and I don’t recommend it. On my Senior Trip we went to D.C, and due to loud roommates who were also smokers (although to give them credit, they tried to smoke outside the room until the weather got bad) I didn’t actually sleep for three straight days. I decided not to sleep on the bus ride back, reasoning that once I fell asleep I wouldn’t be able to be awakened for some time, and towards the end of the journey I started hallucinating. Luckily I was picked up from school and brought home, rather than having to drive myself, and I slept for seventeen straight hours.

Do you remember your hallucinations? I always wondered what sleep deprivation would make a person actually see.

Actually yes, and pretty vividly! ^_^ Street signs turned into abstract walking people when I wasn’t looking directly at them, and in an empty lot I saw a giant, floating head of Kevin Bacon. I remember turning around to ask a friend sitting behind me if there had been a giant floating head in the parking lot, and he answered in the negative, so I said, “Oh, good, ” and turned back around and sat down again. He was kind enough not to ask for an explanation until sometime the next week :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home