Friday, March 17, 2006

Typing the last post reminded me of a favorite Willow Hill memory (well, one of tons and tons of favorite memories from there, anyway) My day off was Monday, so I worked weekends as a matter of course. We had a radio in every barn, because music does make work go easier. During the week I had the local classic rock station, Champ 101.3, and I widened my music experience considerably listening to it for eight or nine hours a day, along with being entertained by their morning show, which started the same time I started work in the morning, i.e. six am. But on Sunday mornings, the other semi-local rock station would play the House of Blues radio show. It started at eleven, by which time I would be out grooming horses in Hillside. The barn was always quieter on Sunday mornings; hardly any boarders would be there so I usually had the place to myself. Cool weather, warm weather, snow, sunshine, hail, rain; it didn't matter. It was just me and the horses, working and listening to Elwood educate his listeners and to some amazing men and women singing the blues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home