Thursday, November 02, 2006

In trying to find an audio copy of the Swedish lullaby about trolls (where the mother trolls curls up her babies in her tail and sings to them) I ended up instead with some sort of melodramatic gothy thing. It was named "Troll's Lullaby, " so I assumed I was getting the genuine article, but instead it was about what you'd expect; endless repetitive echo-y rattles and hollow effects, dirgelike female vocals in monotone, etc. I can almost hear the band members chortling about how clever they are to call their song a lullaby and give it "scary" lyrics about having one's head eaten. Yippy skippy, I'm *so* impressed. The Pogues did that ages ago, with amusing lyrics and melody and a decided lack of a single-note percussion system. This was not interesting, clever, or amusing. Get back in your bus.

Meanwhile, I still haven't found the *actual* troll song #grumbles#

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home