Wednesday, December 26, 2007

So yes, Christmas went quite well, but today I received a Christmas card from a geographically distant aunt and uncle, and judging from the way they addressed it, no one's mentioned the divorce to them. (Neither, apparently, had anyone mentioned that I never changed my name in the first place, but that's beside the point.) At any rate, it occurred to me that there are no hard and fast rules regarding how you announce a divorce to relatives- marriages of course involve announcement cards, but if there's divorce cards out there, they don't advertise much. I assumed that the news would trickle down through the family, and to some extent it has, but apparently seven states is a little too far for it to travel. I guess I'll have to email; not sure how I'm going to phrase this one, but I'll figure something out.

Man, if they're this far behind, lord only knows how I'm going to tell them that I'm getting married again...

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will find a way.

Best wishes!

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Duamuteffe said...

Aww, thanks, bud. #smiles# They're the normal ones of the family, so it should be interesting to see how it goes.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Duamuteffe said...

Hmm, no reply- she'll probably just harass my Dad for info, thinking about it. Well, that should entertain him #grins#

 

Post a Comment

<< Home