Friday, February 05, 2010

So I was babysitting my niece today, which is always a hoot. As usual she ran through a few activities, but spent the most time playing with our collection of Playmobil stuff. She's old enough now that she makes up her own little intricate stories to go with the action, and she says everything in a mostly discernible whisper. Today, I heard a couple of songs along with the storyline. The first I have tentatively titled "The Butter Goat Song:"

"I am a butter goat
We all drink butter
We are goats and we drink butter
We all drink butter"

The second was even more amusing. I couldn't make out exactly what was going on in her little play world, but the song went something like:

"Go up the stairs, get poked in the eye
Go down the stairs, get poked in the eye
Go up and down the stairs, get poked in the eye
Get poked in the eye"

This was all delivered in a bright, chirpy little song. Either she's uncertain as to what getting poked in the eye actually means, or poking people in the eyes is way more fun than I thought #grins#

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home