Wednesday, April 20, 2011

So, I've still got a lot of work to do on the props for the next Half-Life shoot; I have one mostly finished headcrab, and a lot more things to build. The weather hasn't been cooperating enough for me to finish, though; I work outside, and there are more days than not in the past fortnight where I've come home cold and soaked and not in the mood to do anything but shower and drink tea. Still, I'll have a lot of time on my hands next week when the Owlvark is on his business trip where I might get something built. I really want to finish stripping the table we got from the thrift store, too, but the weather has to cooperate for that as well. I'm still considering whether we can fit it in for immediate use somewhere, since it is a very lovely table, but I keep casting around and not finding anywhere I can wedge another piece. (It's disassembled and shoved in behind a desk at the moment. Gods, we're ready for a house.)

In other news, I bought a Kindle. I am absurdly pleased by this. I will never give up my love of owning actual books (just look in the middle room; there's 800+ in there- and I wonder why I have space problems...) but it's really exciting to think that for once I could travel and take along enough books to last the trip. Not to mention the ability to have books long out of print available for pennies rather than the handfuls of money owning physical copies entails.

2 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The Kindle rocks.. I've actually read more having it (and that's really good for me ;-). I'd recommend a look at Briss to sort out those pesky pdf files that the kindle struggles with, Calibre to keep tabs on the different formats of same books, and MobiPocket (choose the pro in setup) to convert from rtf/doc to ebook.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Duamuteffe said...

Thanks! Downloading now! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home