Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fiona continues to surprise me; I brought her in from her turnout, she hasn't been ridden in about 11 days, and it was 38 degrees at the barn, so I was prepared for a potential rodeo when I got on her. However, she just walked away from the mounting block as nicely as you please, and was perfectly obedient (if a little quick) for the rest of the ride. Every time I get on her I have a great time; she's just hugely fun to ride, and I wonder why I ever hesitated on buying her.

The new saddle is awesome, by the way; it turned out to be about ten years newer than it looked in the pictures, and according to the fitter (who is an amazingly nice person) all it needs is a half-pad and it fits her just fine. It fits me pretty well too, at least so far; the knee blocks are deceptively small, but it's very secure, even granting that my knees stick out over the flaps (which they've done with every saddle I've ever ridden in...) The best part is that Fi doesn't fuss at all when I put it on her, and that County I was borrowing used to make her grumpy during saddling and at the mounting block. I'm very pleased to have lucked into something that fits us both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home