Thursday, August 02, 2012

So, productive day so far- the hammock arrived, and it's great, I just need to get or make it a storage bag so it can go in the camp kit. I then went blueberry picking with my packsister and her daughter- two bucks a quart for the biggest, tastiest berries imaginable. My niece is nearly seven and is an actual help at picking this year, although as the lady who owns the place says, the nicest berries go directly in your mouth and not your bucket, and there were a lot of the nicest berries, so there was maybe a one in the bucket to one nommed ratio going for a while there :) Five quarts seems like a lot, but once I make a little jam and a blueberry pie, and the rest get grazed on, they're going to be gone before we know it. So we plan on being back out next week for another batch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home