Sunday, April 16, 2006

So I had forgotten how much I missed fishing until I was baiting hooks and untangling lines for Thorne. It's funny, too, because I used to spend a fair amount of my summer vacations fishing, as my state has the excellent law that you can fish without a license until you turn sixteen- provided you obey all the other laws, of course. Most nice summer days would see me wandering up and down Prather Run, checking out the various small trout holes. I never caught much, but that wasn't the point; I was just happy to be out there fishing. But I managed to break my fish pole about a week before turning sixteen (Dad had bought it for me when I turned eight, and it had seen some fairly hard use since then; I got the line caught up in a bush, and when I yanked it just broke clean in half) and the nuisance of having to buy a licence as well as a new pole was just enough to keep me from doing either.
I'm not sure if I'm ready to jump at a pole and a license quite yet; there's no good streams within walking distance here, and I'm not much of a lake fisherman. Also, I may be quite busy for most of the summer. But it's definitely something to think about for next summer, when I've got a little more time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home