Thursday, April 20, 2006

So, I had a great time yesterday with Megin and Alaina; I hadn't seen Megs in over a year, and I hadn't seen Alaina at all, so I got a chance to spoil them both at once, which was awesome :) We went to lunch and the toy store and Earthshine and the barn, and Alaina was quite patient through all of it. I know babies tend to grow fast, but jeez, the little girl is only four months old and she's trying her level best to crawl, sit up, stand up, and walk, sometimes all at once. She can't manage any of them at present, but that doesn't stop her from trying, or being very cranky about not being able to manage it. #grins# Judging from her reaction at the barn she's going to be very interested in horses when she gets a little bigger, too; while a small stuffed dragon that buzzed and lit up at the toy store was a bit too scary for her, she wasn't the least bit worried about the ponies and was quite happy to pet and thump with bare feet and be held up on the back of my (going to be nominated for sainthood) horse.*







* No, of course I wasn't on him- what kind of a Captain Safety would I be if I was on a horse and was holding a baby as well? Instead, after a lengthy introduction-to-the-concept-of-a-baby process (during which Cameron took two sniffs, said, "It's a baby. So?" and went back to his hay) I haltered him in his stall, and stood with the lead at his head while Megs set Alaina on his back. Megs of course was firmly holding on to Alaina with both hands the whole time and was ready to whisk her out of the stall in case of any trouble. Which there wasn't. Cam just stood perfectly still and munched his hay, barely bothered to look up even when Alaina started squeaking and giggling, and just generally acted as though he did this all the time. Yes, he got an amazing amount of treats #grins#

2 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Megin said...

I'll be there to witness for the miracles at the sainthood trial. :)


Soooo good seeing you, and thanks so much for everything! The kiddo babbled all about it to Grandma when I was showing her the pictures. *grins*

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger A Magical Legacy: A Sims 3 Supernatural Legacy Challenge said...

Animals are so funny. My cat could be a real spaz around adults but he was always perfect around babies and Keely. Glad to hear your home, Megs, I'll have to work out some time to come see you and the peanut.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home