Saturday, March 01, 2008

I love Going Under, don't get me wrong. Live, studio, whatever, it's one of my faves in all its iterations, but it just drives me absolutely crazy. The music, because it goes up and up and then drops back to the beginning, over and over, without ever reaching a climax. The lyrics, because they remind me that I missed out on those early days of Devo, that I missed out being packed into dim and dingy clubs with other newfound Spuds, missed the sweat and smoke and fights with the normals and late nights and whatever happened backstage, and most of all the music, I missed out on the music. I've got it all now, but if I'd been able to be there then, to see it all firsthand... Gods, if I had a Tardis, that would be my first stop, but I don't.

It's never straight up and down.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home