Tuesday, January 06, 2009

General Ramblings

I'm up to my eyeballs in new (well, new to me, anyway) books to read, which, by the way, is on my list for basics of living, right after food and shelter. A portion of my Christmas money went towards used books, so I have a sizable stack of fascinating things to read. Currently I've just finished Alan Moore's "Lost Girls, " which was amazing, by the way, although absolutely not for everyone. I'm halfway through the second volume of the authoritative biography of Theodore Roosevelt, a cookbook I got for Christmas, and a collection of Robert E. Howard's Cthulhu Mythos-themed stories. In the stack for future reads are some cool-looking book review magazines Ma sent me, a Patrick McManus book ("Kid Camping From Aaaaiiiieee to Zip"), "Mon cher Papa: Ben Franklin and the Ladies of Paris, " Robert Chamber's "The King In Yellow and Other Stories, " a collection of Mythos-style stories called "The Book of Eibon, " Lord Dunsany's "The Charwoman's Daughter, " and a book on Chinese swordsmanship.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home