Saturday, March 07, 2009

I find it interesting that I can write later into the night than I once could. For a long time I had a hard and fast rule that I quite writing at 11:30, in order to avoid any unpleasant grammatical surprises in the morning when I looked back at my work. These days I can continue until about two without worrying about lack of coherency, which is a nice change, and there have even been occasional nights when I got into "the zone" for lack of a better term, worked until four or five, and still had something decent to show for it the next day. Granted, I don't write at the volume I used to, but I like to think that my output, although less in quantity, has improved considerably in quality from my earlier days. This does mean that getting anything worthwhile done takes about six times as long, however. I prefer that what I write be good as opposed to being fast, if I were forced to make the choice, but it would be nice to be able to manage a little more at this quality level. I've accepted that I can't force it onto the page, and I'm all right with that, but still, I miss being able to manage a couple of pages every day. At the very least, I'd really like to know where some of these subplots are going...

1 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here and so too happens:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home