Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Semi-Memes

Got this from Suzanne's blog. I don't usually bother with these, but I like to do one once in a while for solidarity, or something.

1. Initials:
ARS - Ars means "art" in Latin, which is kind of cool. Of course, it's pretty close to "arse" as well...

2. Name someone with the same birthday as you:
Harry Potter.

3. Where was your first kiss?
After hours at the Cornerstone Bookstore in Plattsburgh.

4. For or against same sex marriage?
I thought this was fairly self-explanatory- people who are in love should be together. I don't get why some people don't support it.

5. Are you homophobic?
Nope. I think homophobes are ridiculously paranoid, right up there with the tinfoil hat brigade.

6. Are you bisexual?
Not so far as I know- as a wise man once said, it's not that I discard the possibility, it's just that so far no women have really struck me that way. While I think a lot of women are gorgeous, it seems to be an aesthetic appreciation rather than anything else. Given a choice between getting to bag, say, Salma Hayek or Adam Savage, Adam's going to win.

7. Do you believe in God?
Yes, but that's simplifying my outlook on religion considerably.

8. How many U.S states have you been to?
Including the one I live in and ones I've been to airports in? Twelve.

9. How many of the U.S states have you lived in?
Two so far, Pennsylvania and New York.

10. Have you ever lived outside the U.S?
No, but I have visited England and I've evented in Canada.

11. Name something you like physically about yourself:
My eyes are all right; they're this interesting blue-gray color with a neat gold ring around my pupils.

12. Something non-physical you like about yourself:
I tend to learn things quickly.

13. Whats your mom's first name
Sandra.

14. What is your dream car?
I don't really like driving, so I'm not too interested in cars. I always liked the old Blazer, though, so if someone let me pick a car, I'd probably pick that.

15. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Heh. Right this minute? York, England. If you mean for a vacation, I'd like to see Ireland and Scotland a lot, and I've always wanted to see the prehistoric cave art in France.

16. Have you ever had someone of the opposite sex sleep over at your house?
Yes. My little brother stays here quite a bit in order to get lots of Diablo II'ing in.

18. Do you download music?
Not with a 56k modem, no. And as much as I despise the RIAA's business policies and general outlook, I'm still not really very comfortable with the idea of downloading music I haven't paid for. Although a trial listen before buying the CD seems a fairly sound notion.

19. How many illegal things have you done?
Surprisingly few. In fact, other than getting kicked out of a state park for being there after hours, I can't think of any.

20. Where would you want to go on a first date?
A movie, then dinner. It doesn't make any sense the other way around; you wouldn't have enough time to discuss the movie.

21. Would you date the person who posted this before you?
Well, she's my packsister, and we're both pretty much heterosexual, so probably not. Although if my packsisters and myself were into women, she, Megin, and I would probably form an unstoppable triumverate #grins#

22. Has anyone ever sang or played for you personally?
Yes, and I have the mpegs of violin-playing to prove it.

23. Ever been kissed under fireworks?
Sadly, no. Although I have been so close to municipal fireworks that the spent bits rained down on us, which made the evening a bit more exciting.

24. Do you like president Bush?
Not at all- I think he's a spoiled little rich boy. And although I've given up on having a president that smarter than me or my friends, I would at least like one that's smarter than my horse. I am really sick of being embarassed for my country every time he appears on the TV.

25. Have you ever bungee jumped?
Nope. It does look like fun, though.

26. Have you ever white-water rafted?
No, but my folks say it's great.

27. Has anyone ten years older than you ever hit on you?
I'm not sure I'd have noticed if they did. I can be fairly oblivious to that sort of thing.

29. Have you met a real redneck?
Yes, I lived in Forest County for nearly two decades, so it was pretty much bound to happen.

31. What song are you listening to right now?
Portishead - "Wandering Stars"

32. Whats your favorite song at the moment?
I have no idea how to pick a favorite song. As for the one that gets the most play time, it'd be a tie between "So Far Away" by Dire Straits, and "Call Me" off the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack, but that's because I find them both extremely comforting.

33. What was the last movie you watched?
The Calamari Wrestler. And I highly recommend it.

35. Where was the last place you went besides your house?
The barn, as per usual.

36. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone elses property?
No, actually. And does this happen so often that we need a question for it?

37. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
In a joking "Shut up!" sort of way, yes.

39. What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Eyes, smile, and hair. Usually in that order.

40. What really turns you on?
Intelligence. And I have a certain weakness for good sarcasm.

41. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
I've never been to Starbucks. And I gave up coffee some years ago, but I have been known to grab a cup when I know I need to be awake. I don't like it much straight, but I don't mind it if chocolate is involved.

44. Say something totally random about yourself:
I liked the Lady Godiva story so much that I once rode a horse naked. Well, with helmet and boots, anyway.

45. Do you have an iPod?:
Nope.

46. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Not really.

47. Whats your dad's name?
Dennis.

48. Do you have braces?
No, and haven't had.

49. Are you comfortable with your height?
I have come to terms with it over the years.

50. Do you like someone right now?
I like some people.

51. How tall are you?
5'10, or thereabouts.

52. Do you speak any other language other than english?
I can stumble along in French, and if pressed can probably say "Hello, how are you, " and a few other phrases in Russian.

55. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Yes. Went in one to see U2 in Pittsburgh with my Mom and brother as my graduation present.

56. Has anyone very close to you passed away?
Yes. I think this has probably happened to everyone, though.

57. Do you watch MTV?
Nah, haven't bothered since about 1992, when they stopped showing music videos for more than five minutes at a time.

58. What's something that really annoys you?
Willful ignorance.

59. What are some things you really like?
Check the sidebar.

60. Do you like Michael Jackson?
I recognize that he is very talented musically, although I don't particularly care for it. I don't care for him otherwise either as I think his personal life is about as messed up as you can get this side of fiction.

61. Can you dance?
In public? Doubtful.

62. Have you ever surfed?
I've never been anywhere with both warm weather and waves. And sharks scare me anyway.

63. Do you know how to pump gas?
Yes, although I don't own a car so this doesn't come up much.

64. Do you drive?
I can operate a car, although I've never driven in traffic and I don't have a license.

65. What's the latest you have ever stayed out?
Probably two or three in the morning.

66. Have you ever thought that you were honestly going to die?
Yes. But oddly, it wasn't as scary as you'd think. Everything slowed down a lot, and I was very calm until it turned out I was okay. Then everything went normal speed and I panicked.

67. Were you ever rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
Nope.

68. Have you ever been dared to do something you didn't want to do?
Can't think of anything, no.

69. What's your favorite state?
It's a toss up; while I love my home state of PA, the Adirondacks up in NY do hold a chunk of my heart.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger A Magical Legacy: A Sims 3 Supernatural Legacy Challenge said...

Thank you for doing my survey! Well, really my cousin's survey. Have you checked out my MySpace page? www.myspace.com/mrsslog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home