Tuesday, April 10, 2007

For my little brother

...Since he's going through a rough time and needs inspiration.

"Last, but by no means least, courage— moral courage, the courage of one's convictions, the courage to see things through. The world is in a constant conspiracy against the brave. It's the age-old struggle— the roar of the crowd on one side and the voice of your conscience on the other. "
-Douglas MacArthur

"There is no such thing as a "self-made" man. We are made up of thousands of others. Everyone who has ever done a kind deed for us, or spoken one word of encouragement to us, has entered into the make-up of our character and of our thoughts, as well as our success."
-George Matthew Adams

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion."
-Thomas Paine

"Not to have control over the senses is like sailing in a rudderless ship, bound to break to pieces on coming in contact with the very first rock."
-Mahatma Gandhi

"I am only one, But still I am one. I cannot do everything, But still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
-Helen Keller

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."
-Henry David Thoreau

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Dagdamor said...

"Gentlemen, this is not going to be easy, but thats what we do. Now, we've had our ups and downs, with twists and turns along the way, but i can only tell you this... SUCK IT UP! NOW MOVE!"

High Master General
Dagdamor

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Dagdamor said...

:D, i'm sorry, i just couldn't resist, it's in my nature to kick people when their down! lol

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Duamuteffe said...

Well, at least you've identified the problem, so now you can work on fixing it.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Dagdamor said...

i said i was sorry:D they need to format emotes for this textbox. anyways, wish your bro good luck for me

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Duamuteffe said...

He'll see it, kiddo, and appreciate it- he reads this a fair amount. You'll have to meet him one of these days...

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Dagdamor said...

cbefore i meet your family and British counterparts, i think i should get to know you two in the flesh a little more, I have a fairly vivid mental picture right now of Grey with a full coat of hair with a wonderful sheen to it:D

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Duamuteffe said...

That's pretty spot on, metaphysically speaking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home